Frequently Asked Questions
Shainex Relocation Movers & Packers is pleased to provide you with a moving hint which you could use as a checklist for the final preparation.
- Assignee must specify the exact days they want to commence packing and when it will be most convenient for our Moving Executive or Surveyor to visually survey their Household Goods & Personal effects and submit the proposal.
- Assignee to decide what items to move and what to discard, before inviting a Surveyor for an estimate. Be specific with the surveyor on what is to be packed and moved.
- Assignee when planning to self pack their household goods, make sure to use suitable carton boxes and packing materials.
- Assignee must know when they are being moved or re-located at their Company's request; check whether the corporate has an appointed moving company make sure they are told what portion of their moving expenses the Company will pay.
- Assignee should get goals and deadlines to ensure that all packing is completed by the last day of moving.
- Assignee must not forget to notify the post office, Insurance Company and also their friends that they will be moving and advise them of their new address maybe useful for any urgent cases.
- Assignee must notify the relevant Departments when to take effect on the disconnection for the following works: - Telephone Company, Gas, Water, Electricity, Newspaper vendor and their daily deliveries
- Assignee must ensure that the following must be disposed or kept aside not to be included into the items that will be packed for shipment, list of items that will be packed for shipment, list of items as follows: Cleaning fluids, Fireworks, Paints, Matches, Aerosol Cans, Fuel drained out from power movers and other machinery, discard partly used cooking oils, bleach or any substance that may cause any further leakage and damage to their shipment.
- Assignee must unplug all Television sets, Fridge one day (24hrs) before the packers pack these items, the reason for doing this will help maintain the room temperature on the moving day, a television set in which heat is still retained can cause internal damage, for a fridge there will be smell and leakage, try to keep doors open after turning off the power.
- Assignee take note when waxing or oiling wooden antiques and fine wood furniture this must be done one day (24hrs) or if not earlier before moving, the reason for doing this is because some chemical used on furniture may soften the wood and at the same time making it vulnerable to imprint form furniture pads.
- Check your moving hint whether you have ticked every point in it before you leave the house.